From the roofs of this delightful village sticks out the Torre dell’Orologio , a benchmark of Cianciana placed in the middle of the city life, night and day. The Tower was built by the City in 1908, and the works were entrusted to Giovanni D’Angelo, who, in designing it, took his inspiration from a picture of the clock in Piazza della Signoria in Florence, and built it using stone blocks coming from the Millaga district.
The clock, placed on the tower top, has two faces with Roman numbers, one looking at the west towards Palazzo Joppolo, and the other looking at the south, in the direction of the Salita Regina Elena. At the base of the Clock Tower there is a large staircase, enclosed in two rectangular buildings called Casotti, built in 1920 to offset the drop between Via Cordova and Corso Vittorio Emanuele.
The portals with round arches, which emphasise the entrance doors of the Casotti, are rather precious.